Why doesn’t WinUtilities remove registry errors?

Lorry Bertuzzi December 27, 2012

I downloaded the free version of WinUtilities, it found 750 Registry errors yet will not remove them. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to pay for the program for it to work? Any help would be appreciated.

I use CCleaner. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner. Its awesome.

2. Phil Botsky

COMODO System Utilities is the great and powerful soft and best alternative to WinUtilities I guess. And its free.

3. SANJAY RAWAT

use cclenare its free and remove reg errors

WinUtilities Free offers basic windows care while deep registry scan is in the Pro version. Are you sure you downloaded the free WinUtilities.

Using a registry cleaner can create more harm than good if you are not careful. You need to know just what you are going to delete.
    A myth that many people dont know is that a registry cleaner will not speed up or improve your system. Yes you will delete registry errors but it will not improve your machines performance unless you are having problem specific to registry errors which dosnt happen very often.

If you feel you would still like to clean your registry then use either CCleaner or Wise registry cleaner, both are free and are much better than most of the others including a lot of the paid for cleaners.

6. Ashwin Ramesh

What Rajaa says is true. Probably you'll have to have the paid version for this. And of course, if you have points you could check out Glary Utilities PRO from MUO rewards. I've been using that for quite a while now and it does its job well. Or in case you do not have enough points (or want to save points :) ), you could try cleaning your registry using CCleaner. You can download the free version from: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

7. Sashritha Peiris

use windows' own registry error fixer, ScanDisk

Probably the free version only detects the error and you have to have a paid version to remove those error. Though I have not used WinUtilities, but most of these programs behave as such. However, there are thousands of very capable free Windows Registry fixer available in the market. One very famous free utility is Piriform ccleaner and just last week it has reached a billion downloads. Though, it does not detect and clean deep registry errors, however the ones it does, suffices for most of such. Very dependable little software. Besides you can also clean all temp files via this software too to free up junk space.

However, if you want deep cleaning of your registry, you can use Glary Utilities PRO. It is a pretty neat utility and besides registry cleaning, it does a lot of other maintenance also for your PC to boost it's performance. You can read about it at http://www.glarysoft.com/glary-utilities-pro/