Why doesn’t Windows start on my Samsung netbook?

Ezekiel Rivera November 15, 2012

I use a Samsung netbook in my home and I have already installed Windows 7 Ultimate. But then, one day, when booting, it did not start and said “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.” What can I do to fix this?

1. Nikhil Chandak

I also agree with Jim , follow his advice .....
    contact Samsung to repair ur Samsung Netbook

check of the hard drive is well fitted in its place, check also the ram...boot to bios and see if the boot order is on the hard drive containing windows.

remove battery and boot.

3. Drew Butler

Above comments are good advice. Have you considered trying Linux because it is a lot less resource hungry and IMO runs a lot better on netbooks than any version of Windows. Plus there is a version specifically tailored for netbooks. Check it out here if this interests you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Netbook_Edition

I bet you will truly enjoy your netbook a lot more if you give this a try and sorry I didn't answer your specific question but I think the comments above cover it... have a good one :)

4. Douglas Mutay

I would suggest you to boot the computer into Safe Mode and try restoring the system to a point that was created before you began to experience the issue.

5. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Did you drop your netbook?
    Have you tried booting it again? Sometime it's a one time issue.
    Have you faced BSOD?
    Try Jim's advice for now.

Boot from the Windows 7 install media you used and select Computer repair. If it can't repair, use restore to a previous time an select a restore point prior to this problem.