Why doesn’t Windows 7 properly fit my 27-inch TV?
Question by Shiva Zymurgy /

I’ve gone into the display part of my control panel and there are no settings to adjust this. I went into change display settings and no luck. The desktop doesn’t fit the entire display.

• Shiva Zymurgy

Any recommendation for making itunes a bit smaller? I just have to move it a bit to see the other side but it would be nice not to have to move it so often. I minimized the window but its still a bit large.

• Shiva Zymurgy

ty everyone for your answer. I got the window to fit except for my Itunes. For my tv I had to click on catalyst control instead of screen resolution as that did not give me any help or downloading the latest drivers.

• Maksym Hoyda

First change the resolution of your TV= Desktop, right click, Screen Resolution, select your display, click Resolution and change it. If this doesn’t work, download the latest drivers for your graphics card! I hope it will work!

• Abed Shalashtien

If you’re using Win7 simply right click on you desktop > Screen Resolution then click on detect win7 will detect your Tv with the best resolution but you can ofcourse adjust that resolution

• Oron Joffe

First, find out what resolutions your TV supports. For most TVs, this is fairly easy to find out, but if not, see further below.
    Now right click on your desktop, choose “Resolution” and change the resolution to the same figure, if your graphics card supports it. If not, choose the nearest figure your card supports.

If you don’t know what resolutions are supported, you’ll need to do a bit of trial & error, guided by intelligence! Ideally, you want the image to use as much of the screen space as possible, while displaying an undistorted image (i.e. people shouldn’t look too fat or thin on the screen!). If your TV screen is wide screen (which most modern ones are), then the most likely resolutions are 1280×720, 1920×1080, or 1152×720. You can try those and see if the TV supports them, if the full screen area is used and if the proportions look right. If your TV is older, you may need to choose a resolution of a 4:3 ratio (e.g. 1024×768), but you can judge if it’s right in exactly the same way.

• Nevzat A

If you use multiple monitors at the same time (I mean both are active), make sure you don’t use the option “clone displays”; in that case the lowest screen resolution is applied even if your external monitor is capable to display in higher resolution. Use “extend” and configure monitors separately.

One other reason is in monitor settings, “hide the resolutions that this monitor can not display” (or something like that) is not selected. Like Bruce said, “monitor might not report back to the video card the specs of what it is attached to so the driver cannot adapt its signal for the output device.” If this is the case and you know the monitor is capable displaying higher resolutions, you might force it this way.

If your graphics controller has its own driver control software, use that to change the settings. Sometimes the driver hides ceretain things from Windows and can only be accessed via the video manufacturer’s software.

Other factors that can influence this is the manner in which the TV is connected (HDMI, DVI, VGA, S-Video, etc). With some types of connections (or TVs), it doesn’t report back to the video card the specs of what it is attached to so the driver cannot adapt its signal for the output device.

Go to run and type aero you will see
    Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects. Click on it.
    launch it

How To Enable & Troubleshoot Aero Effects In Windows 7

which graphic card you have?

go to device manager locate your graphic card driver, right click on it and choose uninstall (do not delete) reboot an let windows to install the driver for you. see if will fix the problem