Why doesn’t my WordPress site work properly on iPads and iPhones?

Sean H July 24, 2013

I have built a wordpress site for my business by basically modifying the CSS for the default theme, however it does not display properly on iPads and iPhones.

The site is axiski.com

Can anyone take a look and help?

1. Diya K

Make sure that your theme is responsive. If its responsive, then it will look fine in mobile devices

2. Ada Y

That means your theme maybe not responsive. you can try to use a responsive wordpress theme to design your site.
    maybe you can take a look at this free wordpress theme which I like.
    http://www.magictheme.com/demo/?theme=sillver
    Sillver is a free, clean and simple WordPress theme. It features 100% responsive design and can automatically adjust to any screen size, from desktops to mobile devices. Sillver comes with many advanced features to create your website/blog easily and quickly.

3. MakeUseOf TechGuy

Looks like you're running wp-touch plugin or some variant, which is taking over for mobile clients. Disable that, and your regular responsive theme should display instead.

• Justin Pot

Yep, with a responsive theme there's no need for plugins. James is somewhat of an expert, so I'd go with his call.

4. Guy M

Let me paraphrase your question. You've customized the theme for your WordPress based site, and you're not happy with how it appears on iPads and iPhones. Is that basically it?

The theme appears to be pretty responsive to the size of the viewport and appears to be working well on my devices.

There are quite a few different WP plugins and CSSs that are called into your design. If I couldn't isolate the elements that aren't displaying correctly, I'd start by disabling these plugins and CSSs until the issue stopped and then troubleshooting the last item I disabled.

If you can identify the elements that aren't displaying correctly, it should be fairly easy to determine why they won't display well on iPhones and iPads. Perhaps there are some CSS attributes that you are applying to these elements that iPhones and iPads native browser doesn't like.

Does it work in other browsers that might be used on an iPad or iPhone?