Why doesn’t my Win7-IE10 PC recognise my microphone?

Bud I August 20, 2013

While working with Skype to enable the MS HD-5000 LifeCam’s microphone, I “Disabled” my digital microphone. I assumed (Oh-Oh!) it would be listed in devices, but disabled, but NO. It has disappeared from all locations I can find.

I unplugged the mic, rebooted, and plugged-in the mic. Nothing noticed the activity. I looked in the system tray Sound icon > Recording devices, but not listed. The Control Panel > Sounds did not list it, nor was the device manager aware of it.

I thought about posting its availability in a local classified ad, but decided I would ask you guys first.

HELP!

1. Bud I

The System > Device Driver > lists SoundMAX integrated digital audio. It used to list the same thing with Microphone asdded, until I "disabled" it.

have you tried windows restore point to revert back just before the problem.

check in realtek control panel option that says "DISABLE AUTOMATIC JACK DETECTION." just uncheck it.

• Bud I

Thanks, Hovsep A. That's a good, but desarate solution due to the last few days of system and application updating that would have to be redone. I will look for other, less painful solutions first.

I searched my C-disk for "RealTek", but nothing was found.