Why doesn’t my graphics card work with my motherboard anymore?

Sarabjeet S July 13, 2013

My graphics card doesn’t seem to work with my motherboard anymore, because there’s no display, but when I connect via VGA directly to the motherboard I get video. Does this mean my graphics card is toast?

1. MakeUseOf TechGuy

Reseat the card. It can often come out of the socket if you've moved it.

2. Dominic C

What about your display drivers? Have you checked if it is compatible with your motherboard?

3. Chris M

Have you changed something on your computer? Or has it jsut stopped working right? If it jsut stopped out of the blue, I would fear a replacement is gonna happen. The bright side is, you get a great new GPU!!!

Try the solution as suggested in the link below -

http://www.pchelpforum.com/xf/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-give-display.121366/#post-744024

It says that you would need to switch between PEG/PCI and PEG/IGD in north bridge configuration under Advanced settings of BIOS.

• Chris M

If it worked before, then jsut stopped, would this help?

• Susendeep D

As it was mentioned in the forum,if the GPU works in any mode then its fine.If it stops then one needs to switch to another mode.

• Sarabjeet S

thanx a ton dude.....your link solved my problem....on board settings were switched to internal.....i jst turn them on....& voila....& yes insufficient power was also a problem....

it is possible, thus the graphic card fan spin? perhaps also power supply is not enough?

• Sarabjeet S

my gpu works fine

try to update BIOS
      reset cmos, just take the cmos out for an hour
      or unplugg the power cable, take the cmos battery out wiat for few hours then put things in order, see if it helps