Why doesn’t MakeUseOf have an Android app?

Rajaa Chowdhury November 7, 2012

MakeUseOf is my favourite tech website. I daily access it from my Windows PC, first thing in the morning, after I wake up. I also rarely accessed it’s mobile version also from the Dolphin Browser on my Android phone. However, it is not too convenient that way, so I was searching the Google Play Store, if MakeUseOf do have an app for android. I did find a unofficial app, which gives 10% of the website and the feedback was not positive, so I gave it a pass. However, during that search, I accidentally discovered Appy Geek, and now it has become my default source of tech news on the android platform. The app is very mature and well-developed. I so wish that makeuseof have a app on similar lines on the android platform. So when we the MakeUseOf fans and followers can expect to see such an app?

1. Sravan Kumar

Just use "Google Reader"(from Google) app and add makeuseof feed to it.
    I use "gReader" which has clean interface than "Google Reader".

And I dont think its a waste to have an Android app. If we use something daily and frequently, its worth to have some personalisation to save our time and make it more interesting.
    1. One usage I can quickly say is, to save a tutorial/steps page for offline in our phone with makeuseof app and try that later at home, even no internet.
    Articles like: "Photo Tutorial: Create Your Own One-of-a-Kind Phone Case Using Napkins, Glue, & Inspiration",
    "How To Create A Simple Zoomed Effect On Screenshots In GIMP"
    2. I will type an answer for a question on way to home and draft it on the app, so will post when its complete.
    The experience of website and app are just different.

2. Justin Pot

Add the MakeUseOf feed in Feedly. It works great.

3. Muo TechGuy

No, we will not be making a dedicated app for any mobile any time soon; though we hope to make the website itself more mobile friendly.

Having a single app for a website is just a waste; if you want to keep up with all the articles, just add the RSS feed and download an RSS reader app - you can then ad as many feeds as you like.

Yeps, never thought of that, my mistake.

• Drew Butler

Very true^

4. Douglas Mutay

That will be great if they develop it not only for android but for other mobile platforms such as IOS and Blackberry!

5. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Currently no, but they might make one if there are enough request for it. Let's wait until someone from MUO gives an answer.

6. Aniket Singh

make use of team will give u better answer..............& i think they will be making app soon