Why doesn’t Excel’s auto filter update all cells?

sandeep juthani February 9, 2013

I have an Excel sheet for which i need to filter records based on a particular column.

I applied the Auto Filter for the column I wanted but it returns me the Filtered results for only some part of the sheet. The other cell values are not reflected in the filter.

Could you help me rectify this problem and help me to have a sheet where in the filter is applied to the entire sheet and all the cells,

1. Nevzat Akkaya

First make sure all the cells are included in your selection area. If there are empty rows filter might be affected. Secondly, the data format might be different on some cells so you might not get the correct filter result. For example, there might be Numbers formatted as Text. To correct it, select the whole column and set the cell format as desired. Look for any errors through the rows.

you can select which parts to filter and which to show by clicking on the down arrow on the main heading column.

Excel 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013???

filter off then select range then filter on, see if it will help

maybe something in the header row
    http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/253282-excel-autofilter-does-not-work.html