Why doesn’t Broadband Usage Meter install correctly?

Partha Sarathy December 6, 2012

I was using Broadband usage meter. Recently I re-installed the operating system and now it won’t work correctly. When installing Broadband I get a range check error and I’m asked to select the approriate connection. The only option is  “Avast firewall NDIS filter miniport” with the “OK” button grayed out. The app can install but it doesn’t work. Previously I was only using Avast Antivirus, but now I’m using Avast Internet Security. So how can I make Broadband work with it?

1. josemon maliakal

Yup..the firewall or antivirus is blocking that

Go to the firewall settings and allow BB Usage Meter to communicate across the firewall.

• Ali Ehsan

It should work :)

3. Mitch Hampe

Partha,

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
    2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
    3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
    4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
    5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
    6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.