Why does Windows tell me “Installing updates 1 to 9″ every time I shut down?
Question by Jim Young /

Why do I get the “Installing updates 1 to 9″ message every time I shut down? How do I fix it, and what’s gone wrong?

• Saransh Kapoor

hey dude its happens cz u had allow the windows updates u can turn it off by going into control panel and then windows updates settings..it not only update ur windows but decrease the space in hard disk ( in which windows is installed ) .. for more trick related to windows u can go to my website techysk.blogspot.in

• Jim Young

Thanks for your suggestions, friends. I have already tried some of them, but I will try the others.

• Ramsha Almas

This depends on what the updates are, and if they’re being installed correctly. However, recently, I was getting the same problem in regards to updating .NET Framework 4. If that is indeed a problem, uninstall .NET Framework Client Profile from the computer, restart, and see if the same updates are installed again. This works because the installs are not being properly integrated, and they keep reinstalling. Windows will then detect an important update to install, and the problem should be fixed. Best of luck!

• luis donis

because you are installing the upgrade is normal sometimes happens when you install do not end entirely or turn off the pc and could not install updates but usually these upgrade windows installed and are somewhat heavy and sometimes take

• Thehunting Lion

restore your computer back to a day or two acak and try updating and this shud stop showing therafter

• Tebawiha Lelhchhun

Turn off the AUTO update.How to turn off?If you are having a trouble tell us.

• Vishal Srivastava

Windows is operating software for the masses. At windows, they release things before they are sure its perfect. Hence, to make it better and improve on things, they keep on sending you Updates. If you don’t want to update, go to Control Panel->System and Security->Windows Update->Change Settings. Then under the important updates column select Check for Updates but let me choose when to download or install them option. However, it is recommended that you install whatever important update Microsoft throws at you as it is helpful.

• Giggity Goebbels

When this happens ,sometime it can finish,but if it is totally screwed up,doing a backup or system restore will be good.

You enabled automatic updates. Windows will download them, and install them when you shut down your system. Go to Control Panel and disable it. Done.

• Jim Chambers

Perhaps update is failing. In Vista or Windows 7, goto Windows Update and click on View update history. Are there a lot of update failures of the same 9 updates? If so, double click on a failed update to get the error code. Google it for fixes or ammend your question here.