Why does Windows 8 first load the classic desktop before launching a program?

Cohen Swiney November 26, 2012

Using Windows 8, when I click on a tile, the screen changes to my former Windows 7 desktop, then the program launches. Why does it switch to the Windows 7 desktop before the program loads? I thought when I clicked on the tile, the program would launch from there.

1. Ahmed Musani

the windows 8 metro apps can only be found on the store. others are not designed to be that way

2. Ramón García

Because your application is not designed for Metro

3. Giggity Goebbels

There are programs designed for windows 7 and below,those are launched from the desktop.those designed as an app will load from metro,but only if you got the app from the app store.installed programs not from the app store will launch from the desktop.

4. Douglas Mutay

I think this can be normal if the program you are talking about is a classic windows software because they can only run from the desktop and not in the new metro environment. But if this happen with Metro apps installed from the Windows Store, this might indicate a problem somewhere.

5. dhanunjayarao chunduri

do an complete re installation of windows 8.

6. Duy Nguyen Minh

You reinstall your wins 8 and install fix error. goodluck

7. Chris Hoffman

The desktop doesn't actually load when you log in. Windows 8 loads the desktop on the fly when you access it.

This allows Windows tablets to boot faster and use less memory if a user isn't using the desktop at all.

"Classic" Windows desktop apps can only run on the desktop, not in the new, full-screen Modern environment -- you have to install apps from the Windows Store to run them in the new environment.

8. kumar raja

I think U Installed both windows 7 and windows 8 in a single drive. This may be the porblem U should check once

9. Jan Fritsch

I believe this occurs whenever an application was not "Metro designed".

10. Rakesh Mishra

delete the old windows 7 file from the C: drive. In the c drive there will be a folder present called windows.old just delete this folder