Why does my Yahoo email address appear as an option when composing emails in Hotmail and how can I remove it?

askme November 8, 2012

When I try to make [write?] a new email, I found my Yahoo [e]mail [address?] appears as an option to choose from which email I want to send my Hotmail or Yahoo Mail. I don’t want my Yahoo email to appear anywhere in my Hotmail for personal issue.

I tried to check sending/receiving email from other accounts, but I found that I don’t have any other email accounts assigned to my Hotmail. But at the same time I still have this problem.

Hope you could help me with this problem, and waiting your feedback
your prompt reply will be appreciated.
Mohanad

Your Yahoo email is saved in the Hotmail contacts list. Removing it from the Hotmail contacts will resolve the problem for you.

2. Pwince Khan

remove it from contacts

3. Naveen Kumar

i think you have given secondary email id has yahoo so try to remove it and you may get it solved

• mohanad

thank you naveen..

but actually i don't have a secondary email id or alternative email also this yahoo email is not in my contact list and till now i don't know how this yahoo email is stuck on my hotmail
      thanks for all & best regards

4. Douglas Mutay

Can I ask you what kind of device you are using? A mobile phone or your computer. And are you using an app that handle email if so, which one? These details will help us helping you out! Thanks

• mohanad

thank you for your comment...

actually i'm using a computer and i'm not using any app that handle email,just the mozilla firefox

Mohanad,

It sounds as if your Yahoo email address is in your Hotmail contact list. This typically happens, when email is sent to or received from an email address.

Now as mentioned when I recommended you to ask your question here, I don't know much about Hotmail. However, in general you should be able to view your contact list and remove that ID / email address from it. Hope someone else can explain in detail how this can be done.

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

Removing the contact should be enough, I think.