Why does my wireless mouse act funny with my laptop?

James West November 17, 2012

For the past few months I’ve been having trouble with my wireless mouse. It’s a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500. Every now and than the mouse becomes unresponsive. When it happened today, i checked the devices and printers list. The mouse wasn’t listed. A short while after I opened that list, the mouse popped up on the list and everything was good.

I have the latest drivers for it installed. I don’t have this issue with my logitech mouse. I never have this issue when I use the Microsoft mouse with other laptops. Any ideas why this is happening? With all the other problems i’ve been having with my laptop I’m starting to wonder if it’s dying.

Hello there can be many reasons for this to be happening..... What kind of surface is the mouse being used on? Is the mouse close to your router? If it is, it might be getting interference.

2. Tony Gonzaga

It also happened to me. I bought two wireless mouse but both no longer works.

3. Alex Meyer

The mouse has probably gotten worn out so that the optical sensor is not responsive anymore. The batteries might also get corroded very easily by the mouse.

I would suggest a new mouse is in order.

Hope this helps.
    Frank

4. Shannon Guest

Have a look Into the Infected Folder side of things. perhaps it may be an Virus or a adware spayware bot, if you say it keeps disconnecting and everything it may well be a faulty usb port or maybe the mouse is just giving issues, but look into doing a clean up on your pc using ccleaner

5. Somaiya Ebrahim

mine does too :( i have never been able to use a mouse with my laptop

6. Aniket Singh

try to restore ur lappy or replace ur mouse battery....if it happen again then replace it

7. Douglas Mutay

How long did you have the mouse? it might just be good for replacement now...

8. Bhavuk Jain

The distance between the mouse and the laptop should be around 10 ft. maximum. Also there can be a problem with the batteries. So try replacing it and see if the problem still persists or not. Moreover, if it's in the warranty period then contact the microsoft service center.

9. Rakesh Mishra

u can try to reinstall th drivers

10. Boni Oloff

It happened sometimes, try to reinstall the mouse driver.

Do it by numbers:

Check the drivers
    Check the mouse in another computer
    Try a different mouse
    Uninstall then re-install drivers

Let us know how you get on......

Plug the transmitter dongle into a different USB port.

• James West

i've tried every single port on my laptop. I have that same issue with every one

13. Adam Campbell

change the batteries

change mouse brand of battery.

in the mouse properties uncheck Turn On ClickLock under Button section
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-clicklock-in-windows-7-for-better-mouse.html

see if it is something to do with power management schemes and turn off USB selective suspend

Try to revert to previous state of your laptop using system restore where it worked properly.If it still doesn't works,then reinstall the OS of your laptop and reinstall mouse's drivers.