Why does my uTorrent download speed slowly reach its limit?

Rajdeep Chamaria January 17, 2013

When i download a file from uTorrent the download speed increases very slowly until it reaches its maximum limit. This takes around 15 minutes to reach maximum. Is this normal? If not, how do I fix it?

1. Rajdeep Chamaria

thnks guys
    understood it now

2. Ahmed Musani

it is natural it updates the trackers gradually. secondly it also depends on the size as well as the peers(people who are downloading) to the seeders ratio. so dont worry.

3. Dave Rimmer

As everyone has stated it's quite normal and I must say that say that if your are getting maximum download speeds you are doing ok, as you download different torrents you will notice that they download at different speeds the ones with more seeders will normally download quicker but not always as it depends on much down load speeds each one gives back. I was downloading a film with not many seeders, but one was giving me 1.5mb and another 1mb so it is not always more seeders that download quicker.

4. Saurav Azad

its normal and it depends on the seeders

depends on your internet connection, how many torrents you download at once, how many seeders are available for a file...

It just takes some time because it has to connect to all the peers.

It takes time to connect to all the available seeds and peers.

8. Manuel Guillermo López Buenfil

It is normal. Torrents are downloaded from other computers that already have the files, so you need to wait while those computers connect to you and start uploading data. You can click on the Peers tab to see which computers are connected to you.
    Your download speed is basically the sum of the upload speeds of these people. While you have uTorrent open, you will also be uploading data to help those that need files you already have.
    Basically, the more popular a torrent is, the faster it will be downloaded.

9. Aniket Singh

try this......right click on which u r downloading.....then click on update tracer......do this 1-3 times