Why does my T-mobile broadband connection constantly upload?

July 13, 2013

I use a T-mobile dongle for broadband access. My 1 GB monthly allowance used to last 3 weeks now it lasts 1 week with no increased usage. However I have noticed that I appear to be uploading constantly which uses up my allowance very quickly. How can I stop this happening ?

1. Chris M

I know on my phone, I have to set the processes to only update when using Wifi. Look into the settings and see if this is what is being DLed. (Much like Hovsep A says.)

Also, what is it downloading? You should be able to find that (I'm not sure how, though) and cut it off.

2. Kay F

If you´re paranoid enough you might ask the NSA or the agents of any other country? ;-)

• Chris M

Great answer.

It appears to me that you might be using some of the cloud services like Google Drive,Dropbox etc. as they constantly work in background to sync file to the cloud.

You could also check whether any other softwares are not uploading data like torrent seeding.

check background process and stop them if not required.