Why does my Samsung Galaxy Y no longer turn on?

Thomas Troon March 5, 2013

My Galaxy Y was working fine. Then I took the battery out to look at the model number and when I put the battery back in, it won’t turn on.

I have tried to hold the power button on for about 15 sec, I have tried the home + up vol + power button combo, but nothing. Have plugged into the wall charger and PC, still nothing. Any ideas???

1. ansab

my also not working.. why its happening

2. Arun

Sir i need a help my samsung galaxy y power button is not working when i connect the battery its automatically switching on after turn on my mobile wont lock by pressing power button. its just one press but going shut down

3. ferdinan Sitohang

Can you charge your Phone? If not, better you bring your phone to the service center

when i plug the charger in it stays blank, left it on charge all night and nothing

• ferdinan Sitohang

Then there some short circuit in your phone, the best is bring it to the nearest service center

still not working but thanks

Double-check the battery connection. Could you have put it in the wrong way? Did something get in the way of the contacts?

thanks the battery only goes in one way and i blew on the contacts to make sure but still a no go

Connect the power cable to pc and press and hold the power button whilst at the same time touching the screen for 30 sec

tried still not working but thanks!

• Hovsep Avedissian

if you have a spare battery try that to see if the battery is not dead.

• jr

thanks dude