Why does my Samsung Galaxy NOTE 2 GT-7100 not turn on after trying to root?
Question by Vadim Scripnic /

I was trying to root my phone by myself! Downloaded lots of things, and after I pressed to reboot the system! And after that it wont turn on again. :( Whenever I try to turn it on, the LOGO shows on and the phone shuts off after.

I was trying vol.down/up+home button+lock button at the same time. It brings me to the system and shows me things like reboot the system and something like that. I try reboot system and it just turns off.

The problem is not in the screen, but in the system. What shall I do!?

• Vishal S

ur problem is bootloop ur note is rebooting try down flashing stock rom usind odin. both stock rom and odin links are available in xda forum download it and flash it or if u dont now take it into sevice cantre. plz vote it if u like it

• alex mikell

Rooting an Android is way more risky than jailbreaking iOS. You may be able to do a hard reset by following the instructions here: http://www.hard-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2-hard-reset.html. If that don’t work, you may as well consider it a very expensive paper weight.

• DalSan M

As long as the phone goes into a boot-loop, then the phone is okay to flash a working operating system ROM. Neither rooting nor jail-breaking is really safer than the other because I have seen many of the same issues and symptoms in each.

• DalSan M

Try flashing the stock Rom back onto the phone from here: http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyNote2/GT-N7100, then try again. If you have ClockWork Mod (CWM) recovery, then it should be pretty easy to flash the stock or any other ROM. Don’t fret, sometimes it takes a couple times to get it to work. Just try another USB port on your computer (most say that the USB ports on the back of the computer works best if you are using a desktop computer), make sure that any and all security software and firewalls are closed when rooting your phone. Also, be careful of some font apps and themes for your phone as some have caused bootloop errors. Good luck.

If you have a bootloop it is because you messed up the rooting procedure, is there any hard reset like factory reset option from recovery mode ? (this deletes all files on samsung!)