Why does my PC not recognize my Android tablet?

anthony vaughan January 11, 2013

My PC does not recognize my Android tablet. Keeps asking for a disk. I have not got one.

1. Al

I have an ONN M6 tablet. My laptop won't recognize it although I can still use the USB to transfer files. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried all the hints listed above.

2. prasanth vikkath

Which tablet you are using. When you are connecting your USB to your PC what are options seen in your tablet? If nothing is showing then it might be the problem of your USB code or the USB port that you have in your system. Even if your tablet shows the options for debug mode and USB storage mode and your computer is not recognizing your drive then you must download a pc suit from the manufacture's website. Some times you have to manually chose the option as USB storage mode.

3. salim benhouhou

do you have the drivers CD if your tablet is manufactured by samsung download samsung kies :
    http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

• salim benhouhou

kies should help you download the right drivers for your tablet ( if manufactured by samsung )

4. dhanunjayarao chunduri

Tell Us the tablet Model no. and company name for help you to find the drivers for your tablet.

5. Mihovil Pletikos

download drivers from xda forum

6. Andrew Orr

You may need to update the device drivers. Plug the device in and head over to Device Management under the Start Menu

7. Adrian Bagnato

Are you by any chance using an HTC device in charge mode? That happens with me, just change it to storage or USB disk mode.

Some manufacturers reduce costs by not including driver disk and refer you to their support site for downloads. Also try using rear USB port rather than front one.

9. Igor Rizvi?

Check if your usb drivers are isntalled and working..then check or try another cable if you have an extra spare...

• albania/1337

This is the best answer for all problems , I just had a little problem with my Tablet , my little brother just had walk on usb cable that connect my tablet with my pc , he just f'on my usb cable and then i just go on a shop and bough a new one , i prove it and say what? It work , sorry for my bad english :P

Which model do you have, it sounds very much like a driver error to me.

It might the case that drivers are not getting installed for your tablet into your PC.One simple way can be to install the software that is made to manage your tablet(PC suite). If you are apprehensive of it,then visit the support section of your tablet manufacturer and download appropriate drivers for your PC.

If you had specified the name and model of your tablet,then it would be easy for us to provide you specific answer.

12. Ahmed Musani

once plugged in try to shutdown and then power on the table whilst connected. that migght solve the issue.

Try a different USB Port. Test to see that the USB ports are in fact working by using another USB device.

which tablet you have, it should be plug and play.

Plug in the tablet and run this microsoft utility
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices