Why does my PC not recognize my Android tablet?
Question by anthony vaughan /

My PC does not recognize my Android tablet. Keeps asking for a disk. I have not got one.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Al

I have an ONN M6 tablet. My laptop won’t recognize it although I can still use the USB to transfer files. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried all the hints listed above.

• prasanth vikkath

Which tablet you are using. When you are connecting your USB to your PC what are options seen in your tablet? If nothing is showing then it might be the problem of your USB code or the USB port that you have in your system. Even if your tablet shows the options for debug mode and USB storage mode and your computer is not recognizing your drive then you must download a pc suit from the manufacture’s website. Some times you have to manually chose the option as USB storage mode.

• salim benhouhou

do you have the drivers CD if your tablet is manufactured by samsung download samsung kies :
    http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

• salim benhouhou

kies should help you download the right drivers for your tablet ( if manufactured by samsung )

• dhanunjayarao chunduri

Tell Us the tablet Model no. and company name for help you to find the drivers for your tablet.

• Mihovil Pletikos

download drivers from xda forum

• Andrew Orr

You may need to update the device drivers. Plug the device in and head over to Device Management under the Start Menu

• Adrian Bagnato

Are you by any chance using an HTC device in charge mode? That happens with me, just change it to storage or USB disk mode.

• Jim Chambers

Some manufacturers reduce costs by not including driver disk and refer you to their support site for downloads. Also try using rear USB port rather than front one.

• Igor Rizvi?

Check if your usb drivers are isntalled and working..then check or try another cable if you have an extra spare…

• albania/1337

This is the best answer for all problems , I just had a little problem with my Tablet , my little brother just had walk on usb cable that connect my tablet with my pc , he just f’on my usb cable and then i just go on a shop and bough a new one , i prove it and say what? It work , sorry for my bad english :P

• Alan Wade

Which model do you have, it sounds very much like a driver error to me.