Why does my LG Optimius 4X HD always set its timezone to Taipei after the phone is restarted?

Piseth Mao February 16, 2013

I recently bought an LG Opitimius 4X HD thinking it was the LG made in Korea as there is no sign to tell where it is made. I bought it from a local big phone shop believing it is trustful. However, when I got back home I noticed there were a lot of native apps with Chinese titles I can’t read nor remove. Then I started to suspect this was made in China or Taiwan.

Then I noticed a big problem with timezone as it always reset itself to Taipei Time Zone after the phone is off and on again. I have tried all the settings like: Automatic Date & Time (use network-privided time), Automatic Time Zone (use network-provided timezone) and also I tried manual time setting. I know the phone maybe made in Taipei, yet, it should always remember user’s choice and set back only if they factory reset it.

This really irritates me as I have to switch time zone anytime the phone is off and on.
I wouldn’t be surprised if I removed the battery and this happened, but I didn’t remove the battery at all.

It’s even worse than the old Nokia phone which changes time and date back to the original date after the removing the battery as this won’t happen if we just switch the phone off and on.

Any idea how to make the phone remember our setting?

1. Imesh Chandrasiri

since you bought it recently take it to the shop and ask them to fix the problems you state. or else request for a proper device!

Take phone back to "big phone shop" and have them fix or replace it under warranty.

• Piseth Mao

Yes, this maybe the only option? I was thinking if there could be a trick to make it work.

perhaps to hard reset so that everything will wipe out and you will get frsh phone, then you will be able to set time and zone with wizard guide.

you can try an application to correct time like Clocksync
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.org.amip.ClockSync

• Piseth Mao

Thanks, but the phone was brand-new when I bought it so it was fresh and this happens since then.

if there is new firmware then try to update and see if this help.

• Piseth Mao

I would be glad if I could do just that.