Why does my laptop suddenly turn off by itself?
Question by Erlis Dhima /

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo pi 2512, and recently it has a problem. When I turn it on, the screen lights blinks and after some minutes it turns of by itself!

I applied the thermal paste on the CPU and graphics card. But it seems that the problem is not there. Also, when I remove the battery, it doesn’t get energy even if plugged in!

Could the problem be from a hardware issue or does it have anything to do with Windows?

Please, if you can help me, comment below! Thanks in advance!

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Md Nur-Un-Nabi

1) Mate check out the temperature of the system using HM Monitor …..if the temperature of the processor is high try to clean the system..

2) try to reconnect the connections wire..& again place the RAM in the RAM slot…
    3) If the problem persists then re-install the OS…
    4) If problem continues then take it to a repair shop…

• Ahmed Musani

Monitor your temperature. its most likely due to overheating.

• Junil Maharjan

Sounds like overheating. But might be the issue of the battery as well. Try with another battery if you have one in handy.

• Erlis Dhima

Trying with another battery is an option.. But I will try some other option too, before finding a battery to try! Thanks for your suggestion!

• siddharth singh

it could be a problem with the GPU. even i had the same problem with my xps m1530 had to replace the GPU.

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks for your suggestion. I hope it has to do with windows.. Since hardware need to be replaced…. And money for new parts will be needed!

• luis donis

Several factors may be very hot because it may be the hard drive or the RAM can be several things

• Alex Perkins

Try taking the HDD out and running it on another computer at least then you can rule out the OS being corrupt.

• Duy Nguyen Minh

That is caused by dust sometimes.

try to boot on windows cd or live cd and see you have a desktop.this to check if windows is corrupted.

perhaps you will need restore factory settings.

• Erlis Dhima

Probably! I will try it! Thanks for your suggestion!

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks everyone, for your comments! A lot of you suggested that it was from overheat from dust or from thermal paste… If it was from that, than the problem would be solved by now! I’ve repaired other laptops, and I could say, the paste was not applied bad.. So, probably it’s from the ac adapter or even windows.. I will try all the options you suggested and see if the problem is solved! Thanks again!

• Jim Chambers

Laptop power connectors tend to develop bad solder joints to motherboard because of constant plugging and unplugging AC adapter.

• Âdil Farôôq

I also think the same it may because of over heating