Why does my laptop freeze when I try to open pictures transferred from my phone?

Kaka Koko November 29, 2012

This problem started yesterday. I’ve transferred about 11 photos from the memory card of my phone to 1 particular sub-folder in the Drive D of my laptop (image folder). Then after an hour or so, I tried to open & view the pics that I transferred. My laptop froze, so I restarted and it happened again.

I’ve done a Check Disk & Scan with ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4, but the problem persists. When I did a Check Disk and antivirus scan of the Drive D, the ‘hanging’ started.

By the way, when I try to ‘move-transfer’ the sub-folder of the Image folder from my Drive D to a thumb drive, it freezes again.

There are some view pics from my laptop that were transferred to the thumb drive ,but when I  open it too from the thumb drive, my laptop freezes.

Can anyone help me and give me a solution? Thanks!

1. Md Nur-Un-Nabi Tutul

Mate delete those photos and see what happens...if the problem persists then try to scan the whole system using kaspersky or bit defender & defrag the drive....for that u can use the trial version....later if problem continues then try to move the file in another drive and format it.......i hope ur problem would be solved....if not the reinstall a fresh operating system(Windows).....

2. Eath Chantrea

don't copy png format pictures. to view extension to see the format.

3. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Maybe your memory card was corrupted. So the 'hang' only happens when you're dealing with those photos and not when you're doing anything else? Try to boot into safe mode to see if it still happens. If you can work normally, delete the photos and repeat the transfer. The last transfer might be accidentally interrupted.

4. Abba Jee

did you even scanned your memory card ?

Did you take all the pictures or are some downloads? Picture files are a good way to transfer viruses. Scan system using a live DVD or flashdrive with updated antivirus scanner such as Comodo, Norton, Kaperskey etc..

if you have windows restore point, then use to go just before you transferred photos. Depending the picture format perhaps windows do not support it. Now you can check also your photos with free picture viewers to see if they are not corrupted.