Why does my HP dv2415NR’s screen display only black?

Michelle Vendetti March 7, 2013

My computer won’t display anything on its screen? If I hold the part where the clock battery (I think)is located, really really really hard I can get the screen to stay on just long enough for me to shut it down properly. But before I had total screen blackness, I’d turn it on for a little while to use it fine but then my mouse would freeze. I’d have to hold the computer really hard in a certain area like I was a human clamp. to be able to get the mouse to move so I could properly shut my laptop down.

Sounds like a hardware problem (either a poor contact on the motherboard or signal cable, or possibly a problem with the graphics chip). I would take it to a laptop technician for a diagnosis.

I am not familiar with that particular model but have you tried connecting a remote screen to see if that works?
    If you boot to Safe mode can you see the screen?
    If you boot to the BIOS can you see the screen?

3. Hovsep Avedissian

did you tried to boot on windows cd and choose repair feature.

remove the graphical card and boot on the on board graphical card, do check in BIOS on board graphical card is ON.