Why does my Facebook account show more friends than I actually have?
Question by Sadia Faiq /

My Facebook account is now showing up 71 friends and I have just 66. What is the reason? How can I make it accurate?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Nikhil Chandak

go to ur friends list & then un friend them whom u dont want in ur facebook’s friend list
    or ask at facebook’s website

• Harry Hardeep Dhiman

yeah i have a same kind of problem with fb . once i had 600+ frndz bt i delete one by one and reached on 98 frndz today 15/09/12 bt my list showing that i have 133 frndz and i also count my deactivated frndz and found only 1 deactivate id and 5 other frndz bt i failed to found any responce by clicking on that group of 5 frndz itz nor open neither got any msg of deactivate id.
    HELP TO FIX IT OUT.

• Sumaiya

if the 5 friends deactivated their accounts they are still counted as friends..

• Nadir

Well, the actual number of friends that I have is 36 friends, but facebook counter shows that I have 78 or something like that. I guess it includes those people whom their accounts were disabled by Facebook team. Also, the ones who have deactivated their accounts would be shown as they’re dimmed or hitting on their names just returns you to friends page.

I don’t really have an appropriate way to fix that right now but, did anyone of you tried checking his/her friends using a different browser?

• Decryptoblog

Hello Sadia!
    This is not any bug but a recent update by Facebook that includes deactivated account of your friend in your list. You can read more from here :http://www.decryptoblog.com/2012/06/facebook-includes-deactivated-accounts.html

• Liana

facebook shows that I have 700 more friends than I actually have…and now I cannot add any more friends since that number is now at 5,500. What is going on? How did I gain 700 friends overnight?

• Susendeep Dutta

Did you tried Jay’s solution suggested above?

• raz

i have 5000 friends and i got too 5009 , i delited 50 and with in 1 day its shows i have 6000 ! whattttt als o i know it adds like pages but thats not hte case !

• Vrancken René

got this on the web “There’s a glitch at the moment where people who are on your friends list with deactivated accounts or that either you blocked or they blocked you will count towards the total. Previously, they didn’t count.”

• ISLANDQUEEN

Mine did the smae thing it went up by a 100 and I never added anyone. I checked alot of other peoples accounts and it did the same thing. The more people report the better

• Jo

It says I have 177 when in fact I know have have about 103.

• someone

Mine is doing the same thing. It shows that I have 116 when I only have 67