Why does my Excel document print on 2 pages after changing icon size?

Eric S September 8, 2013

Why would an Excel spread sheet change size when I change icon size? I created a spreadsheet when my desktop icons were at the normal size and the document was 1 sheet of paper. I changed the icons to medium and now the same document prints on 2 pages! Don’t know why it would do that. I have an emachines win7. I know emachines aren’t the best, but it was all I could afford. It just doesn’t seem logical that the document would change size. I should mention I am printing from a shortcut on the desktop. Thanks

1. Keith L

changing icon size should have no affect on document printing. Try selecting the print area, and then use the set print command, or change the print settings to print document to 1 page.

2. Alan W

Does it print on two pages from Excel? By that I mean I mean by clicking on File then Print within Excel. If not, delete the shortcut and create a new one then see if that works.

normally changing icon size should not create printing problems, only when changing printing settings can affect the printing process. how you changed the shortcut size?