Why does my CPU jump to 100% when my new laptop charger is unplugged?

Julian Bacani April 30, 2013

I recently bought a new charger for my HP Compaq laptop. Just like my previous charger I used the new one as a direct power source for my laptop.

But I discovered that whenever I put the battery back onto my laptop and unplug the charger, the CPU skyrockets to 100% all the time. This is so strange…I never experienced it before. I know the culprit is in my new charger, but is there any way, or fix, for this? Thanks a bunch.

check your battery settings. sometimes, when the charger is not connected, the settings change to accomodate the new profile.

• Julian Bacani

Thanks! I figured it out, it's my power option. It automatically change profile when the charger isn't connected to the laptop. Thanks for the help :)

Power cord causing 100% CPU usage on 8510p
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/Power-cord-causing-100-CPU-usage-on-8510p/td-p/811

go to power options and change your laptop settings when it runs plugged/unplugged

go to task manager and see which process or service is causing this perhaps plug and play service?