Why does my cell phone randomly disconnect from my WiFi?

Christine S October 4, 2013

My cell phone keeps randomly disconnecting from my home WiFi; some days it will not even recognize my password. Nothing else in my house is having any trouble. Any suggestions on how to fix? I have reset everything a bazillion times and did a master reset on my phone (HTC DNA).

Thanks so much. Christine

If your phone is HTC Droid DNA,then many users are facing this kind of problem.Resetting it won't fix it.Your way to fix would be disabling the Best Wifi Performance settings under Settings -->WiFi -->Advanced and uncheck Best Wifi.

If your ISP has given you static IP,then you would have to keep the Best WiFi option enabled.
    If your router doesn't supports 5GHz and,select 2.4 GHz frequency band or see whether there's an option to detect automatically.

Configure your WiFi network by going to Settings -->WiFi and keep constant tap the name of the WiFi network you are connected to.A popup window will appear to either to forget the network or modify it.Choose to modify.

Select the checkbox saying "Show advanced options".

Change IP settings from DHCP to Static.

Now,input the values of the remaining fields that you can see.

If the above solution still doesn't helps,then try using AES encryption method instead of TKIP.

SmartSync Disabler
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jonny.smartsyncdisabler
    HTC SmartSync forces the WiFi and data connections to disconnect after 15 minutes screen off time between the hours of 00:00 and 07:00 am.

Try your phone at other hotspots and make sure that its WiFi is actually OK, as it's always possible that there's a loose contact or some other problem there!

Assuming it's not the phone, it could be intereference from other WiFi networks. You can install WiFi Analyser on your phone to see which channels are currently in use (there are similar packages for PC too, but I can't remember their names at the moment), and see if your router is "competing" with others, then change your router's settings to use other channels that are free. Your phone may simply be more sensitive to WiFi interference than other equipment in the house, which is why it is more prone to disconnect.