Why does my age show when I post comments using my Facebook account?

Patience Miller March 30, 2013

How do I stop my age from showing in comments I make on other webpages that use my Facebook log in?

1. Athul Jayaram

Hey Miller,

the simplest solution to hide your age is go to your facebook profile and click edit.

Now go to "Basic info" and click Edit

in the birthday option -> select "SHOW ONLY MONTH & DAY on my timeline"

OR in the privacy lock of BIRTHDAY set -> 'ONLY ME'

hence your birthday becomes unknown to apps and users

2. Vedavyas Paruchuri

So that people can know how much experienced you are

• tinas

Facepalm.

3. Patience Miller

Thank you all for helping. Was having trouble with The Inquirer. What I did was put in a fake school and now that shows rather than my age. I also deleted a bunch of apps. I will try your suggestions and am very grateful!

4. Ashwin Ramesh

Guess a few people had the same issue as you. Check this out:
    http://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=548003501900433

5. Michael Heffner

Click the downward-pointing triangle in the top right of the Facebook window. This pulls down a short menu. Click “Privacy Settings.” Facebook displays your Privacy Settings page.

Scroll down the page until you see “Apps and Websites” near the middle of the screen. Click “Edit Settings.”

Locate the section, “How people bring your info to apps they use” near the middle left side of the Edit Settings page. Click the “Edit Settings” button. This opens a small window containing several check boxes.

Click the check box next to “Birthday” to unselect it. This prevents Facebook applications from accessing your birthday. Click the “Save Changes” button.

It depends on the sites that you are using. Usually with the user profile settings you have the option to hide your age.
    Can you give us an example of a site that you are using?