Why does iTunes say my computer lacks memory for a backup?

Randall June 2, 2013

When trying to do a back up to my computer, iTunes claims I do not have enough memory. I have more than enough. What gives?

You can also change the backup location to another partition by following the tips mentioned in the link below -

How to Change the Backup Location of iTunes

2. null

Maybe coz the folder location of the itunes backup has less storage. Just try changing the location to some other drive ...

• null

The same happened with me and i did exactly this, Thumbs up!

3. Paul Prakash J

This error happens since there is no enough space in your harddrive for itunes to use for backup. If you are using windows, check the used memory in properties of 'Appdata' folder in C:Users. Then you can further drill down and find out which folder occupies the most data. You can delete unwanted data in these folders to fix this error.

Move media files to another partition so that you can get some space.

If the message is during photo optimization, then perhaps to click on sync in order to progress the work, some suggest to delet photo cache folded on pc!