Why does it still say Register/LogIn on MakeUseOf after registering with Facebook?

Amanda Nagle-Chicoine December 8, 2012

On MakeUseOf, you are asked for your email address. I gave that and then I registered through Facebook. The screen does not reflect that, it is still telling me to register.

1. Praveen Ben

yes! clear your browser cookies and cache. Then first sign-in in social network wich given above right side of the top, then sign in with above option was given twitter/facebook etc.

2. Roomy Naqvy

It happens with me too but I don't think it is a big issue because Makeuseof automatically counts the various points and also keeps a log of our activity on the site. Loved this question. :)

3. Sri Vastav Reddy

Ha Ha, actually i too had this problem.
    just refresh the page it should do the trick,
    some times it doesn't - then what u need to do is clearing cookies and cache.
    or
    click on any link to open that Linked Page, when u do so- u will notice that u will be automatically logged in on that page :)

4. Qin Tang

Try to refresh...

5. James Hudson

i get the same thing

6. Samuel Mearns

Try Opening Internet Explorer and see if that works.

7. Jim Dawkins

Clear your cache and flush your dns settings.

if that doesnt work, restart your internet browser

if that doesnt work try another browser if you have one

if that doesn't work, restart
    and start from the top of this list

8. Yogesh Verma

try clearing cookies and cache

This problem occurs if you browser is set to not accept third party cookies. Please check browser cookie settings, and disable any "do not track" type plugins which block thrid party cookies, including but not limited to adblock plus, noscript, ghostery, donottrack, privacy...

Post a screenshot of your browser to me, james@ this domain, if you are unable to find the offending plugin.

Yes, I,ve had this problem too... Clearing cache should fix it.

11. ahmed Fouad khalil

Yes this problem is their even with Google plus, not only face book it need remove cookies

12. Rohit Pandey

if u have register on favebook then you can just simply login via facebok and access make use of ........

13. josemon maliakal

i had the same issues ..clearing caches will help

14. Ashwin Ramesh

That's true Tina. I had the same issue when signing in. Clearing your browser history/cache should help!

Amanda,

Try to clear your cache and MakeUseOf-related cookies.

Are you using Chrome to log into MakeUseOf?
    In Chrome, click the settings icon (three horizontal stripes) in the top right, and select settings, which will open in a new tab.

Scroll all the way down and click on the Show advanced settings... link. Under Privacy (first item) click the Clear browsing data... button. Select Empty the cache and click the Clear browsing data button.

To selectively delete MakeUseOf-related cookies, click the Content settings... button. A window will pop up. Here, click the All cookies and site data... button. Now search for MakeUseOf and remove the login.makeuseof.com cookie.

It it still doesn't work, restart Chrome.

And if it still doesn't work, please report back here. Thank you!

• Cathleen Caffrey

I tried to login. The line that said Register or Login did not provide two links, just one. I don't understand your cookie-related instructions.

Why don't you have two separate links, one for those already registered and one for newbies? And how do I find out if I am registered - I'm sure I am, but don't want to go through facebook or any of the other places. I just want to register with make use of by itself. If that isn't allowed, you should say so in BIG letters.

• Tina Sieber

Cathleen,

To collect points and partake in our rewards, you need to register using a social networking account.

What browse are you using?