Why does it say my account is suspended when I log into Twitter?

Nirdesh Naagar January 10, 2013

I see this error message when I log into Twitter:

Your account (@MediocreShaarK) is currently suspended. For more information, please visit Suspended Accounts.

What is this? Is my ID hacked or banned? I can log in though, but it displays this big message to me.

1. Nirdesh Naagar

ok thanku guys for your valuable time,

2. Douglas Mutay

Well, generally is because of violations of Twitter Law and its also possible that your account was suspended by Twitter in error. This happens all the time as Twitter’s automated spam detection system does not always get it right. So 1st thing to do is to follow the rule: submit a ticket to twitter. Just follow the link from your suspended account and write in a nice manner to explain your problem, provide a short explanation of your problem. They will reply within 24 hours or more. Respond to their email and it normally takes seven days to get your account unsuspended.

login to your twitter account from another pc, if it works then it is something related to your pc, so scan with antivirsu, clean pc with ccleaner?

4. Jan Fritsch

Click on the link at "Suspended Accounts" and read through it.

Basically your account violated one or more of the Twitter rules.
    https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules

Whether it was yourself or someone who gained access to your account is something you'll have to find out yourself.

If you are certain it wasn't yourself violating change your Twitter password and scan your systems for malware.