Why does Instagram claim my email is too long to create an account?

Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda March 19, 2013

Hello. So I attempted to create an Instagram account importing my Facebook information. However the app is now claiming that the email I am using is too long for submission and that the field can have a maximum character quantity of 30, saying that I have 41 instead. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S III running Android 4.1.2 with carrier Verizon Wireless. As far as Google Play claims, this is the latest version of the app.

1. Abbie C

i would just make a new backup email account that you can use for instagram or other things that send you email notifications. you could make it shorter so it would work for instagram and it would also help because your main email wouldn't be full of unimportant emails that you dont need to read. i got those all the time so i made my backup email that i only use for services or websites that need an email. you should really try it! it is easy and helpful! hope i helped! :)

2. SaapeXD MoHods

You can try creating you account with an email Address that fits the character limit by instagram! ^_^

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

Because being a smartass always helps and makes everyone feel better right?

3. Nitesh Badala

Instagram have limit of email must be lesser than 30 characteristic. if your email is grater then 30 then it would generate too long error

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

And for some reason someone in Instagram's development team thought this was somehow a good idea.

some websites will take a fix number of characters for email addresses.

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

Really? I've never heard of one until I attempted to create an Instagram account.

5. Dave Parrack

Does you email address have more than 30 characters? If you have used your full name I could see how that is possible. I don't understand why Instagram would insist on a 30-character limit, but if that's their policy then you'll have to choose a different email address.

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

This is the email I use. How do I submit it anyway?