Why does graphics distortion happen in games occasionally?

Osama Javaid April 18, 2013

Since few days, after every 2nd or 3rd day I experience strange graphics distortion during my online gameplay. Here are the screenshots :

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

At first it is limited to some area of the screen but in few seconds it spreads to the whole screen and then I have to shut down the game, usually on next start, everything is back to normal. It happens after every 2nd or 3rd day. When I asked about it on forums etc, some asked me to update my directx or graphics card drivers which are already updated. Some are saying that my graphics card is overheating but when I ran CPUID HWMonitor before starting my game and played the game for much time and then checked my graphics card temperature, it was around 35-55C and it is not overheated. Some are saying that it is the end of my graphics card. Does anyone exactly know the problem and tell me the exact solution ?