Why does Google Reader’s ‘send to’ feature not work with Internet Explorer 8?

Vrancken René November 29, 2012

Why do I have problems with Google Reader’s “send to” feature at my work where they use IE8? It does not work.

1. Giggity Goebbels

Internet explorer is crap.period.

2. Douglas Mutay

Did you said Google Reader’s in IE8? ;-) You're trying to play basketball with a tennis ball... Use firefox or better Chrome!

3. Arun Singh

because send to feature is not supported by IE8.

Have you tried using a portable version of Chrome or Firefox at work?

I'm not sure what your company's policy is toward flash drives, but providing it's permitted, you can run the software without dealing with IE8. If the problem persists, then it's probably another issue - firewall perhaps?

By the way, there's an interesting feature inside of Google Reader's "Send To" button that lets you add additional features. I use it to save to PDF or to make a calendar entry.

IE8 is on the list of unsupported browser.Hence,it's not working for you.Read on the link below to find out more -

http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=33864

6. Abba Jee

Allow pop up in IE 8, then retry

can be because pop up blockers? block the window opened by Google Reader, whitelist google.com