Why does Facebook want me to identify my account when I login?

Richa Mishra May 3, 2013

I’m unable to access my Facebook account. Every time I try to log in, it tells me to identify my account, then shows me some photos I don’t recognize. What do I do?

1. Chris Marcoe

I know when I log onto Facebook from another computer they ask me to verify. Are you sure its not doing that?

I guess you have been sending friends request to unknown people and someone flagged you out of them. Then you are usually asked to do this. If you cannot recognize the pictures, you have a alternate method to verify the account via your cell no. You have to enter the cell no. and a code will be sent to that number and you have to then enter the code sent. That is how you can recover the account.

• cutie

i have enter my cell number but the facebook help centre cant give any responce to me...

3. Nick Sharma

It usually happens when they find some suspicious activities. For instance, if you send too many friend request to strangers. You have to identify those pictures in order to gain access to your Facebook account.

• sumith harshan

Yeah, it is true. After sent too many friend requests you will be blocked for 30 days. (Sometimes this may be high, depend on your activities).

• cutie

so after 30 days can in use my account without identification?????