Why does Facebook say I can’t send more friend requests?

Patricia Baker April 5, 2013

I have got a message saying I can’t send a friend request for 14 days and that I could be cut from Facebook. I’m not sending request to people I don’t know – how can I fix this?

1. Donna richie

To many request at one time can put red flag up So limit How many request you are sented On facebook guideline there limit how many friend you can have I'm not sure What amount that is.

2. Sonesh Lakhani

Its because you have already sent friend request to lot of unknown friends,or people having no common friends

3. Alyshia Gordon

You have a limit. Wait an hour and try again. If it's still not working, contact the support people.

4. Chris Marcoe

To alleviate sending so many requests, try messaging the people you want to send a request to and ask them to send you one...

5. Mohamed Zaki

may be due to many friend requests in a short time, especially when you don't know alot of them. Or some one reported your request as a spam.

6. Vedavyas Paruchuri

When you send friend requests continously to so many members on facebook then facebook will block you to send friend requests. You have to wait 14 days to send friend requests. If you continously send friends requests to unknown persons on facebook after completion of 14 days then facebook will block your accounts for minimum 1 month.so, don't send to many friend requests to unknown person continously..

7. macwitty

Maybe you have too many requests people have not respond to. One way could be to delete/take away some of them after a while. There was an extension before who tracked people who unfriend you and not answered requests but it seems as it is gone Maybe keep a list of the one you send requests and then go back after a while and delete it if they have not answered

8. alex mikell

I've seen this problem a lot. People I know get that all the time. From the user end, there's nothing we can do but complain to Facebook as they are the reason for the problem. We can all thank spammers for that. I've been wrongfully accused by the Facebook spam filters for that when I haven't sent request for months.

9. Michael Heffner

More than likely you've been tagged by their automated spam system I know a lo of people that when they finally decide to join FB start finding a bunch of friends and get tagged for sending too many requests too fast.

You can either contact FB admins to find out what happened or wait it out and space them out a few each day.

10. Dave Parrack

One of the people you sent a friend request to may have reported you -- rightly or wrongly, purposely or accidentally -- for spamming. Follow Alan's advice to try and get it resolved. Or just wait it out and be more selective in future.

Here is a link that will tell you how to contact FB Admins then ask them what is going on: http://www.ehow.com/how_8457203_contact-facebook-administrator.html