Why does clicking on links cause my browser to say it is unresponsive?

Anonymous October 17, 2013

Thank you for the site, I learn a lot from it… I am using Window 7 and cannot open a link from a site (such as yours asking me to submit a question) or say from a brochure to show the product! I get a “Non Responsive” box appear asking to wait or to kill!!!

Any help would be awesome.

1. Douglas Stewart

Uninstall Chrome. Install Firefox. Your life is now better

• David Childs

Will try it as last resort as I am enjoying the Chrome bits and pieces!
      Thanks so much
      D

check your addons/plugins, remove them and try again

• David Childs

Thank you so much for your assistance
      I did try to what you suggested and without any success
      and it did message back to say I had successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache

Even trying log onto your link I had to bring up a browser page

Your help would sill be so welcome

It may have something to do with UAC.
      Open UAC (User Account Control Settings) and move down the slider on the left hand side to lowest which is "Never Notify".
      http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/user-account-control

This is a problem that happens with Chrome from time to time. I see you're using version 30 (the latest), and on my PC there's no such problem, so it's probably not the software as such. Two suggestions:
    1. If you haven't done so already, restart your PC. Sometimes these things get solved as simply as that!
    2. Clear your cache and cookies (in the menu, choose Tools=>Clear browsing data, tick the "cookies and "cache" lines and choose "from the beginning of time" at the top, then click [clear browsing data]. Restart Chrome.
    3. If that too doesn't help, go into the Windows Start menu, type "command" in the search box (without the quotation marks) and press the key. Now type the following line, followed by the enter key:
    ipconfig /flushdns
    If this doesn't work, let us know and we'll suggest more steps.

• David Child

Hi Oron
      Sadly it did not work!
      Did everything you said aa but no difference

Any further help is valued
      Dave

• Oron J

Sorry to hear that David. Next thing to check is your extensions. Disable ALL of them, and try again. If the problem goes away, start re-enabling the extensions one by one until you find the culprit.

If that doesn't work, get back to us!