Why does Chrome on my Samsung Galaxy S3 open random unwanted tabs?

Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda March 31, 2013

I have Google Chrome installed on my device and as soon as it opens, it starts opening these random tabs about surveys and whatnot. Haven’t installed anything that could potentially lead to this, but I do have an app called Bywifi Video Accelerator that might (but unlikely) be causing this nonsense.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, so if someone could post a message telling me how to stop these tabs from appearing, that would be great!

Thank you so much.

wow i never had this problem with leawo video accelerate, you can contact the support team perhaps it is a bug in the software and if it is critical one perhaps they can offer you a free license.

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

I tried Leawo. However, it doesn't seem to accelerate HD videos on YouTube unfortunately. So I found out that Leawo doesn't accelerate HD videos if you don't pay for it. Is there any effective and free HD video accelerator out there on the World Wide Web?

Well both speedbit and Leawo for HD are shareware, one difference is that speedbit is kind of annual subscription and will cease to work if it is not renewed, whereas Leawo is lifetime.

NetXpress Video Accelerator, never tried it myself
        http://www.netxpress.softdevex.com/

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

My antivirus is saying that the page is not safe to go to. Is there another way to access the download?

well i did virustotal check of the link and said that is clean, then i uploaded the file to virus total and got 2/46 detection can be false positive.
          you can go to another computer or internet cafe to download from there...

myself i never used it so cant be responsible if something wrong goes with your machine.

you can download from here
          http://windows.podnova.com/software/5122471.htm

before install do a windows restore point to rever back in case something goes wrong.

If still interested with Leawo Video Accelerator check this link will be free for 24h
          http://giveaway.glarysoft.com/leawovideoaccelerator4.1.0.8-196/

2. Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

Problem with Leawo is that it disconnects my Internet.

3. Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

@susendeep dutta How do I block pop up URLs on Google Chrome for Windows 8 Pro?

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

Ok. I figured out how to do it, but the tabs still keep coming up! I don't know what to do to stop these tabs from coming up. I also used PC Decrapifier and System Ninja to try and remove the items that may be causing these apps to show up.

try adwcleaner
      http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Removal-Tools/AdwCleaner.shtml

scan with malwarebytes antimalware, superantispyware

4. Vinaya Kv

So you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 and now want to un-root it? In case any of you are returning your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, and want it back to stock. Or if you brick your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300,

http://mobotechie.com/android/how-to-un-root-samsung-galaxy-s3-i9300-ultimate-guide

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

Haven't rooted any devices. As stated earlier, I corrected myself saying that the machine I am using is a Dell Studio 1558 running Windows 8 Pro, instead of a Samsung Galaxy S III running Android 4.1.2.

5. Rohit Pandey

remove unwanted plugins and stop automatic updation of chrome...configure it manually

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

Tried removing plugins, and why would I stop automatic updates?

6. Michael Heffner

I would uninstall the video app and see if it keeps happening. I had a similar issue in that whenever I would open chrome on another machine and log in to Google, it would attempt to install all my plugins and tabs would start opening. There is a setting for turning of which items sync.

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

*EDIT: The device that is being used is a Dell Studio 1558 running Windows 8 Pro, not a Samsung Galaxy S III running Android 4.1.2.*

Huh... well I uninstalled the Bywifi app, and all the tabs that kept coming up stopped. The problem is, Bywifi accelerates my videos on YouTube and I can't really uninstall it and have a practical use for my computer at the same time. I guess this turns into a whole different discussion, but what are some good apps that are similar to Bywifi (preferably free ones) that don't clutter my browser with annoying tabs and do things that the user never told it to? Apparently Bywifi came with two apps (I didn't know were installed) that could not be uninstalled while Bywifi was open. So I closed Bywifi and the two apps uninstalled! However, as I loaded Bywifi back up again, I realized that my browser began spamming me with random, unwanted tabs. I tried SPEEDbit Video Accelerator, but it was simply too expensive for its insufficient efficacy. Is it normal for apps like these to have a routinely charge for their developers' customers? Or is that something that is not that common, but happens to be how the SPEEDbit developing team charge their customers?

I think you must use PC decrappifier and system ninja software and then have a look at other softwares that were installed without your consent.

If you need the Bywifi,and you are sure that no other software is installed without your consent,then ad those survey URLs to blocking list of popup blockers.This atleast might not trouble you.