Why does Bywifi have adware?

Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda May 15, 2013

I have the software Bywifi (latest version) for windows. it works fine but it also opens these pages up on my default browser which is google chrome. i look at other reviews and technical questions on the internet and no one seems to have the same problem as me. they all say bywifi is great and works perfectly with no mention of it being a malicious application.

the reason i know bywifi is causing this problem is because there was a webpage that opened automatically about savings or something completely irrelevant to video acceleration. heres what lead me to think that its bywifis fault: another webpage opened, and there was audio about the same savings thing, and i looked at the mixer down in the system tray, and it was revealed that the audio was coming from “C:\Program Files (x86)\Bywifi”.

also if i try closing the windows they dont permanently stay close, they open back up 15 minutes later like hydras heads its crazy. all i want to know is how to get bywifi to stop causing me this pain, and work like it should with no savings-related adware included. honestly, no one is interested in having their computer spammed, so what do i do in order to fix bywifi so it stops doing this and ruining my youtube-based life

1. Chris Marcoe

If you downloaded it, as opposed to using a CD, then it is probably what Rajaa said. Also, in your reply to him, you said CCleaner didn't detect any mal/adware. Did you use anything else to look? Specifically, a anti-virus or anti-malware program?

Also, did you use CCleaner to remove Bywifi? Or some other utility? Maybe what you could do is get rid of Bywifi and try an alternative.

Good luck!

A primary rule is whenever you install freewares, choose custom installation and untick all the bloatwares. If not given a custom install option, be careful to untick the bloatware options in the installation process. Now go to control panel and uninstall from the list any suspicious software like toolbars, etc. Enable popup blocker in the browser. Run an anti-hijack software for browser. Run an anti-malware/spyware software to check like malwarebytes and obviously have your antivirus and firewall updated with the latest definition files. Lastly, after you have done everything, install ccleaner and run a registry clean and temporary file cleans.

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

Actually a while back when this problem first started happening, I did reinstall Bywifi thinking that perhaps I did not untick the options to install adware. But when the reinstall process was finished, I realized that the adware was still uninstalled. I actually happened to have CCleaner and it didn't detect anything malicious.

ccleaner is not meant to detech malwares. As, I have suggested above, follow all the steps sequentially. I have mentioned about malwarebytes to detect and remove malwares. Link is http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and then click on free download. Don't worry, this doesn't act funny and is a well known and popular freeware to detect and remove malwares. :D

because it is Free, perhaps it is a way to get some money

• Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda

But what I don't understand is, why does it seem like I'm the only person with this problem? I have looked all the way across the Internet in search for a good answer, but none could answer.

i used also Bywifi years ago before testing speedbit and like you had all popups and so on...unless you are a programmer to open bywifi setup and do your tricks, your choices will be go with another software, use adblockers...
      if you tru adwcleaner
      http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Removal-Tools/AdwCleaner.shtml
      then perhaps it can find out what is causing this

another way is to monitor bywifi installation, take snapshot of registry before and after and see what is more instralled
      CRegistry Comparison
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/cregistry/
      SysMonitoring
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/sysmonitoring/
      you can see which folders added
      once you find thing related to bywifi that causes troubles just delete them, this is not 100%solution because perhaps doing this will fail use of bywifi