Why does an app placed on my SD card by my phone not appear on my PC?

Justin W August 12, 2013

I have an emulator on my computer so that i can play a game from my phone on my lap top. I moved the app to my sd card, unmount the card, and open the folder once the card is in the computer. no sign of the app anywhere, i have checked all folders and files.

Did you move the apk installer file or other data? We're the files moved to SD (internal) or External SD? Can you move other files and can the files be viewed on your computer? Knowing this would help in assisting you further.

2. Charles T

If its an app from your phone, then you should be sure to download your phone syncing software and just connect your phone to your pc... then you're likely to find the app. Simply put, it may be a phone manufacturer proprietary issue and not a pc issue at all.

perhaps files are hidden? you have to unhide? or you can check on another pc to check if problem repeat. Also possible your antimalware delete it if the antimalware also scan removable devices.