Why do videos I watch from my Plex media server freeze and not play?

Fred G May 6, 2013

I have Plex set up on my PC and the system is very easy, when I use it as a media server through and Android-based client it is excellent.

But when ever I play a video (regardless the format) at some stage it freezes and while I can browse back to the menu, I can’t restart the video.

I was using PS3 Media sever, but was having continuous audio sync problems – which none of the answers I searched for fixed.

Any advice would be great!

1. Dustin S

Yes, I was referring to Wired. Sorry about that. Does your computer have a wired connection?

• Fred G

Desktop is wired to modem/router then wireless for everything else. Have bought a powerline adapter and will check tonight it being 'wired' helps. Was playing with Tversity, but it kept bringing on BSOD, so i have had to can that one as well.

• Fred G

Still Freezes through a wired connection, and probably freezes faster (within first few minutes). The plex site is a little overwhelming as to the level of ech talk they can get into. Might have to go back to PS3 Media Server, which is good, but has the audio sync problems.

If you have a look at the Plex forum -

Frustrating freezes/lockups with Plex client

they suggested deleting everything inside the Application folder.But still the user faces the issue.So,you could completely wipe all the remains of Plex from your PC by using CCleaner.

During re-installation process,you can also have a look at the instructions for server configuration -

http://htpcbuild.com/htpc-software/plex-media-server/plex-media-server-configuration-guide/

• Fred G

Thanks - found that post, but had skipped it when I saw the Mac Mini bit, but from your suggestion I re read it, could be a solution.

perhaps to do set up all over again?

http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Android_FAQ