Why do .mp3 files stop working when I send them to my mobile?

Shaul Geva March 3, 2013

I send mp3 files through USB from PC to my mobile ZTE BLADE running Android 2.2.
The mobile can not play them and when I send them back to PC they also do not play on the PC, although before sending they play ok.
The length of the files remain the same in the transfer but all their tags disappear.
My mobile has no problem playing mp3 files which are already in his SD card from the past.
The SD card is formatted in FAT32 format and in the PC the memory is NTFS.

1. Shaul Geva

thank you all.
    without doing anything every thing is ok now.
    I do not understand why the problem appear and i do not understand why it disappear.

Shaul

2. Imesh Chandrasiri

Don't SYNC the device with any software. Just copy and past the desired MP3 files to your SD card. Try using a file browser and check the copied files for their extensions. if the extensions are not MP3, rename them and try again. first of all try using a third party MP3 player and see whether it plays or not. or else your SD card might have corruptions and when transferred, the MP3 files might get corrupted.

Try a different player app and see if that works. Another thing I read was to clear your mobiles cache and try again.

setup dropbox account on pc and mobile, upload the mp3 to dropbox and then from dropbox download to mobile, play your mp3 file to see if it works. If not then perhaps there is checksum error while you are sending the mp3 file from desktop to mobile.

5. Shashidhar Medi

Reason might be either your mobile doesn't support mp3 format or due to virus issue.

6. DIANE WHITE

You need to sync your two devices.

• shaul

WHY?
      and how?

• Shaul

I notice that the problem occur only for files greater then 5 mbit.

do you copy from windows and paste to mobile, if yes try a file copy tool like teracopy, extremecopy
    http://codesector.com/teracopy
    http://www.easersoft.com/product.html
    see copypaste will be without errors.

perhaps your antivirus doing this by monitoring usb device.

8. Dhaval Patel

junil is right check that out....

i don't know for sure but the files may have converted somehow. some mobile phones tend to convert the files such as video formats so that it would be easy for the mobile to play. does it show any messages when you transfer the files to the mobile?

• shaul

No messages when i transfer the files to the mobile !

Is this issue isolated to MP3 files or are other file types similarly affected?