Why do menu choices disappear when I try to make a selection in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013?

Amanda Nagle-Chicoine December 9, 2012

I have always loved PowerPoint, until the 2013 version. Every time I get started, for example a slide is in front of me and I want to add a title or customize the frame where the title goes, I click on the outer line and all the choices drop down.

This is where problem starts: When I start to move my cursor to click on one of the choices, they all disappear! Same with several other areas. If a new box with choices or whatever appears after you click on the basic ribbon items, it will come down, but it will disappear before you get there to make your choice.

1. Sri Vastav Reddy

Just run diagnostics of Ms-Office 2013..i am sure it will fix it :)

2. pp potana

Use the one given by ha14.

3. josemon maliakal

That's correct repair or reinstallation fix this

try to repair it
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/repair-or-remove-office-HA010357402.aspx
    1.Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
    2.Click the Office program you want to repair, and then click Change.
    3.Click Repair > Continue. You might need to restart your computer after the repair is complete.