Why do many buttons no longer work in Firefox?

Kevin Byrne January 23, 2013

Buttons on my screen do not work at all anymore, like log in buttons, search in YouTube etc. How do I restore browser and not lose bookmarks etc?

1. Kevin Byrne

I tried what was said with Gordon Hay's comment and results were not what I wanted.
    I tried next to reset browser like ha14. Everything is back to origional browser but I have bookmarks. I downloaded a new downloader for videos and it works. I have a folder called Old Firefox Data on my desktop. What do I do with it as I may have infected files and don't know how to procede with it? Best Kevin

this copy (Old Firefox Data ) is your old profile after you reset Firefox in case you need it, Firefox automatically transfers your personal information to when it's Reset, you can move or restore the file if necessary.

• Kevin Byrne

Thank you. I have firefox working ok. Now I will look at google chrome
        and Java problem. Best wishes to all that replied. Kevin

do you need any help regarding chrome?

• Kevin W. Byrne USA

Browser slows down and crashes. Java script or player issue I think but am not sure. I can try to make the thing backfire and then post if you all need.

did you tried to reinstall the chrome browser?
          player, you mean you cannot watch youtube?

• Kevin W. Byrne USA

No I have not tried that. U-Tube works ok. Pages become un responsive message appears a lot, have to reload
          pages a lot. A java player or some thing else causes url part of browser to crash. Reloading page works but this happens too often. I will try to save bookmarks and redo entire browser. Best Kevin

2. Kevin Byrne

Thank you for all replys. I was busy till now and will look at all you said and post results.
    Best Kevin

3. Safvan Vhora

Go to this site:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/

and search any mozila related question

it might be a problem from a plugin or add-on. disable all of them and check if the buttons work. if they work, then turn on the plugins one by one to check which plugin is giving the problem. when you find that out, you can remove it.

5. Gordon Hay

Try running speedyfox to clean up your profile data - it's quick, simple, and it works.

http://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox

• Kevin Byrne

Did no good as I can see but I am new and don't know what to look for? Best Kevin and thanks for reply.

6. Mahesh Kumar

You can download the bookmarks with export option. Remove Firefox. Install latest version again and import bookmarks again from the exported file..

7. Kuriakopoulos Marios

may be something wrong with javascript settings

Another thing to try is to create a new profile and see if everything works with that. If it does then you can export your bookmarks from your old profile and import them into your new profile.

Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems
    http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems
    All of your Firefox settings and personal information is stored in your profile folder. The reset feature works by creating a new profile folder for you while saving your:
    •Bookmarks
    •Browsing history
    •Passwords
    •Cookies
    •Web form auto-fill information

• Yashodhan Bhatt

Exact solution