Why do I receive a “RPC:S-5:AEC-0” error when downloading or updating apps on my Nexus 7?

Bumferry H July 30, 2013

i have just received the new 4.3 update for my nexus 7 (OTA) but have come across a couple of issues.

Firstly, I am unable to download or update my apps as the code PRC:S-5:AEC-0 keeps appearing with the message “error while retrieving information from the server.”

I have followed instruction from another forum which told me to sync my data and log out and then back into my google account.

I did this but to no avail.

I have also deleted cache and data from the google play store app but this still has no effect (upon finding the app again i notice this no longer exists on my list of apps, but I can still access the play store and it shows i am logged in)

I have no idea what i have done wrong or how to fix it.

If anyone can help – please let me know what else i can do short of a full factory reset (or is this my best option?)
thanks.