Why do I not have permission to access my local WordPress installation from another PC on the same network?

Dustin Thompson December 8, 2012

I have WordPress installed on my desktop PC here at home. It is not being posted on the internet (yet). When I try to access it from my laptop, on the same local network, it gives me this message, “You don’t have permission to access /wordpress/wordpress on this server.”

I can access the site all day long from the desktop PC, but not from my laptop. I’m using WAMPserver to “host” the site locally.

Thanks.

1. Dustin Thompson

Ok guys, Let me start by apologizing for not giving enough info on this one. I am using WAMP to host my WordPress site on WIN XP desktop. Originally, I could access it adn edit it perfectly.
    My problem was when I tried to just view the web-page from my laptop, it gave me the message "You don’t have permission to access /wordpress/wordpress on this server".

A few hours into digging online for a solution, I finally read a WAMP tutorial and learned how to properly Start the server software.

Once I did that everything is fine.

2. Giggity Goebbels

Need to contact admin for this

The admin has not given you permission to access your pc from your laptop. Please contact your system admin.

4. josemon maliakal

You may be using linux based os ..make sure that the wordpress installation files have necessary permissions allowed ..if not set the permission level as 755 using chmod