Why do I get the Genuine Windows notification every two hours after I loop?

Anonymous June 5, 2013

I hid the update supposed to bring about the Genuine Windows Notification i.e. kb 971033. However, notification is still there. Though it does not seem to cause any trouble, yet a bit annoying. What is peculiar is that this notification appears only when my laptop is on for more than 2 hours. If I shut down, it will go away for more than 2 hours. Whether on line or off line makes no difference. It all started just last month.

1. Chris Knopff

How many systems has WIndows 7 with this key been installed on? Most likely an OEM but the key may be registered elsewhere? Also, if it is genuine, contact MS to have them reset the system it's assigned to. Could be someone else used the key.

Microsoft will issue you this notification once it detects that your Windows is not genuine.It usually occurs when you try to update an unlicensed version of Windows OS.

similar question here
    How to remove ‘Your copy of Windows is not genuine’ notification in Windows 7?
    http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/remove-your-copy-windows-genuine-notification-windows-7/

If I am understanding your question correctly not installing KB 971033 was fine unless you installed SP1 then the KB was intregated into the service pack.

• Alan Wade

I forgot to tell you the sure fire way to stop the notification - buy a copy of Windows. Its worked for hundreds of millions of other people!

• Degenerated S

Yeah Buy one rather than using a pirated copy.

• null

In fact it causes no problem with wall paper or any other service. I cant understand the peculiarity of its behaviour. It appear only after the machine has been on for more than two hours. It goes away with a restart.

5. dhanunjayarao chunduri

hi you are using cracked version of windows 7. this problem comes when the crack is old version and it hasn't updated for a long time. you can use the latest version crack and install it in your system. If you want the download link ask me.

• Alan Wade

Do you think suppling cracks so that people can use illegle software is a good idea?