Why do I get a storage space error on my Samsung S2 even after moving all apps to the SD card?

Mike K July 29, 2013

On my Samsung S2, I have moved all the apps to the SD card, but I still get the storage space error.

I have a 4 GB SD card, which has 2 GB free space; USB storage has 8.22 available space. My device memory, which has total space of 1.97 GB, is running out of space. I’ve moved all the apps.

What’s the next step? Let me know if you or anyone can help!

Did you recently install an app? Sometimes certain apps will create this issue with Jelly Bean 4.1. I would also empty your emails and text messages from your phone then restart your phone to see if it helps. If not, go into the settings and manage apps, then start clearing cache on just about every app and restart your phone. I have been through the same issue before on my Note 2. I wound up factory resetting my phone a few times, and when I finally had enough with this issue, I rooted my phone and installed a custom ROM. This has been an ongoing issue since Android version 4.1 because of the changes made in storage options (or the lack there-of).

Note: many have mentioned that there are odex files and log files that become large in size and sometimes becomes corrupt. The only way to delete these files is either by Root Explorer or through ADB, which requires root access.

2. Mike Kerr

Hi My phone is not root.. All I have right now is Faceboom and wattsapp... I've deleted all the other apps that can't be move. I used application manager to moved the other apps.
    let me know what is the next step

how you moved applications to sd card? is your samsung root.

do you use communication applications like skype...they can take much space go to your application section in your android and clear data?