Why did my message notification on Facebook stop showing messages?

Jeannette Cychosz March 19, 2013

When I bring up Facebook there is a red dot telling me I have a message at the top of the page to the left. Two other buttons are requests. When I click on the middle red dot it use to bring up a list of people who are messaging me, but now I only get a blank page….I can not send a message or receive one that was sent to me.

I am a new user and this is frustrating when you can’t get what you use to get so easily…Please help I look forward to my messages from ‘special’ friends. thanks

1. Vedavyas Paruchuri

If you had deleted all your facebook messages then how facebook can show you messages. or if you didn't deleted any messages then you should try to open your account in other browser or in other system. Then if it didn't show messages means contact support team of facebook or create a new account on facebook

2. 1hegame

Man just go directly to http://www.facebook.com/messages/ your problem resolved.

3. Nitesh Badala

due to slow internet speed it wont work. try to read message from left side bar

4. Anish P

In all honesty, the first solution I thought of was use anything other than IE. As MakeUseOf TechGuy once said, 'Absolutely do not use internet explorer, ever, for any reason. It’s single handedly responsible for holding the web back 10 years.'
    Although it was most probably intended to be humorous rather than informative, it has some truth to it.
    Try using other browsers such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera and see if this issue arises. Also, check to see if you can check for messages on your mobile device.

log on facebook in chrome and see if is showing messages, log off and log on facebook in internet explorer and see if this will help.

reset internet explorer
    a) Open Internet Explorer.
    b) Click on tools, Internet Options.
    c) Click the Advanced tab.
    d) Click Reset and click apply and ok.

6. SaapeXD MoHods

In the Right Side bar below your name n FB Homepage , there is FAVOURITES , under that there is messages! You can view your messages there!

The Notification bar is blank probably because FB failed to load it correctly! You can clear your Browser cache and cookies to see if that helps! Or it could be a problem with internet connection!