Why can’t my Samsung Blu-Ray player read files from my Seagate hard drive?

July 10, 2013

Please help me how to format & detect my Seagate EXPANSION Desktop hard drive 4TB/USB3.0.

I stored lot of Blu Ray (more than 4GB per file) movies in this hard drive, when I connected with SAMSUNG Blu Ray Player, The Blu Ray Player can not read it.

I tried with SAMSUNG or Western Digital hard drives, The player CAN read it with the same file.

I do not know what the problem is. Please assist me how to solve this problem.

Do I need to reformat the Seagate Hard Drive again?

To prevent lost data or file,

Do I need to save or back up my files into other drive before reformat the Hard Drive?

1. Joseph

I will try. Hope it will alright. Thank you very much.

2. Joseph

You need to use allshare. Connect your Samsung TV to your network that has a computer with the movies you want to watch. Go to Samsungs web site and download the allshare software and install it on that computer. During installation it will prompt you with questions about what drives, folders you want allshare to make available to your Samsung TV. It is actually rather easy.

are both (SAMSUNG or Western Digital ) the same size 4TB like Seagate, if SAMSUNG or Western Digital are smaller then SAMSUNG Blu Ray Player cant work with 4TB.

Also do mention the reference of your SAMSUNG Blu Ray Player

• An V

I appreciated for your feedback, I think you are right. My SAMSUNG & WESTERN DIGITAL hard drives are 2TB only. That why it can work properly with my Samsung Blu Ray player.

Thank you for your spending time to response my concerns.