Why can’t I view my Facebook messages or chat?
Question by Nim R /

On my Facebook page I am not able to pull up my messages. The red number above the icons appears but when I click, it just whites out. I am also unable to see the chat area. Can you help?

• Arnold

PROBLEMS IN FACEBOOK (Can’t write or read messages, cant’ comment, and can’t share)
    that was easy.. trust me.
    1. Open your facebook and click setting.
    2. Click privacy setting.
    3. Click security.
    4. Click secure browsing to edit.
    5. Uncheck the box.
    6. Click save changes and afterward
    7. Click Home..

AND HOOLA!! enjoy your facebook..

• Sarah

Arnold thank you so much i had gone for 2 days without accessing my messages. you realy are a savoir.

• luis donis

may be several factors pudes clear the cache or it may be to have q flash or java update do not have it and you have to install

• Charles Yost

Clear your cache/browser history, update java and possible check to see if your browser is up to date. Try to use a different browser to make sure that is just isn’t an issue with Google Chrome. If that does not work, you may need to uninstall Chrome and reinstall. Make sure to update after that as well. That should fix it. If it doesn’t, report it to Facebook and let them know the steps you have taken.

• maria

i also can’t get the notification of my page……………………………….why?

• Avish Kansakar

never had a problem like that before…well i guess when my internet went out during surfing if i clicked on the msgs then it would appear like you mentioned i guess you should clear the browser history/cache if that does not work try a different browser otherwise could be a bug on facebook’s side

• josemon maliakal

What about your internet connection speed…

• Vishal Srivastava

Clear cache, update flash and java…

update your java

if problem persist then report it
    http://www.facebook.com/help/200392993337184/

perhaps extension problem like popup blockers

• Ashwin Ramesh

Clear your cache/browser history. That should solve the problem. I have had this issue a number of times with facebook.

• Ali Ehsan

it’s a bug i guess , last week my friend had same issue, after 2 days it got fixed